Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets will place your cabinetry order into the production schedule once the customer has paid 50% deposit of the total cost of the goods or amount in full. Should the customer cancel their order after a deposit is taken, a cancellation fee of a MINIMUM of 20% of the total purchase price will apply and the balance refunded to the customers chosen account.
Balances owing will need to be settled prior to dispatch.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
Please be advised that Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets encourages all customers that are ordering cabinetry request a colour sample from our supplier. At times Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets may be able to supply colour samples, as refunds will not be given once the order has been processed and any exchanges will incur a cost to you.
GOODS ON ORDER
Dates quoted for delivery of goods are approximate only at the time of ordering and may vary due to circumstances beyond our control. You will be advised as soon as your goods are ready for delivery.
In the event of cancellation of a sale by the consumer, refunds will be in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Office of Consumer Affairs. A minimum of 20% of the invoiced price will be deducted from any refunds to cover administration costs. Customised orders require a non- refundable deposit of 50% of the invoice price. Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets will not be liable for any postage or freight costs for the return of the goods.
OWNERSHIP OF GOODS
Goods marked as “sold” on behalf of a customer after receipt of deposit or lay-by payment shall remain the property of Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets until the invoiced price is paid in full.
A deposit to the value of 30% of the total purchase price is required to begin a lay-by. Payments are to be made fortnightly. The order for your outdoor kitchen will be placed on the production schedule in the final month of the agreed layby term. A delay may be experienced prior to delivery due to manufacturing timeframes outside our control.
Failure to complete payments in the specified time makes the goods, any payments made and the deposit, liable for forfeiture if considered reasonable in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law.
Lay-bys should not exceed a 3-month period. A layby can be cancelled by the purchaser but may result in forfeiture of some moneys paid if it is deemed reasonable in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law.
Lay-by Arrangements should be by regular, fortnightly repayments over a three-month period.
DAMAGED PANEL WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURES
Any chips, marks, or imperfections in the cabinetry panel
Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets must be advised within 24 hours from the date of delivery of any damaged items received.
Whilst all orders are packaged to exclude any damage in transport, there may be from time to time some items that may incur damaged by the carrier which is beyond the control of Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets.
Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets encourages customers to inspect all cabinetry panels prior to assembly and installation. Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets will not replace under warranty any damaged panels or frames once units are assembled.
If a panel is damaged by the customer after assembly, Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets can at cost to the customer replace panels or frames. The Customer will pay for all applicable shipping and handling charges.
Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets will bear all costs if an item has been proven to have been damaged during transport. Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets will not replace items under warranty when damaged whilst being unpacked by the customer.
Any warranty claim for damaged items must do the following:
- Photographic evidence of the damaged crate / packaging received by the customer
- A close-up photo of the damaged panel
- If a cabinetry panel: a photo of the part sticker
- A full-length photo of the damaged panel which includes the part sticker
The Customer will pay for all applicable shipping and handling charges if a damaged item is replaced by Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets for the following.
- Once the item has been assembled and installed
- Incorrect installation or handling by the customer or Installer
Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets at its own discretion may replace damaged items under warranty for the following.
- If the damage is minor and not visible by the opposing panel covering the damage
- If the damage is minor on the non-visible or seen side of the cabinetry i.e. the side that the cam locks are placed into to connect the cabinetry parts, any panel that faces a wall, floor or that is covered up by bench top or BBQ.
Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets will always endeavor to achieve the best outcome for both parties. Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets decision on replacing any damaged item under warranty is final.
DELIVERY OF GOODS
The approximate delivery date given is an estimate based on current manufacturing and shipping times. This should be treated as a guide only. If delivery of goods is unsuccessful on the day organised by the customers, a further re delivery fee will be payable by the customer for the second delivery. Our carriers agree to deliver to the customers address only. It is at the customer’s expense if goods do not fit into the property or cranes, etc. are required to achieve access. Sales staff must be advised at time of sale/booking delivery if access problems are anticipated.
Refunds will not be given if goods do not fit. Our warranty does not cover the delivery of goods.
- Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets reserves the right to grant conditional warranty on all Outdoor cabinetry. Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets will not cover any warranty claim because of misuse of the Outdoor Kitchen product/s
- Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets will not cover any warranty claim because of incorrect/no measurements were given for the BBQ cabinet. if no measurements were provided, it will be assumed that one of our 5 burner beefeater bbq’s will be installed. A bench top thickness of 20mm will be assumed, unless otherwise specified. Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets will also not cover any warranty claim if the consumers desired measurements are larger then our standard or hardware manufactures recommended sizes.
- Hardware warranty is limited to original manufactures warranty. The hardware includes, beefeater BBQ, adjustable legs, handles, Blum draws and hinges.
- panel warranty is limited to manufactures warranty. there will be no warranty for panels fully exposed to the elements.
- gas and water connections. Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets will not grant warranty for miss place gas and water connections, that may lead to replacement of hardware.
STORAGE OF COMPLETED OUTDOOR KITCHEN CABINTERY ORDER
- If required Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets can hold a completed order in storage for up to 5 working days at no charge.
- After 5 days from being advised the order is ready to be shipped and final payment is required, storage fees of $50.00 per day will apply.
- Any storage fees incurred must be paid prior to the order is dispatched.
The Outdoor Kitchen BBQ are designed to be operated by adults. Use by children may result in injuries to the child or damage to the outdoor kitchen if they are unable to operate the BBQ. Warranties do not cover injuries or damage under these circumstances.
WHAT DOES MY WARRANTY EXCLUDE?
The Warranty Program specifically excludes claims for:
- Damage incurred during handling, transportation and installation of the product by the customer or their contractor;
- Discoloration of timber resulting from exposure to direct sunlight, extreme heat or similar conditions
- Surface scratches, dents, chips, marks, accidental breakages, normal wear and tear or damage resulting from misuse or abuse
- the cost of transportation from the purchaser to Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets, if the claim is not covered by the standard warranty conditions
- Damage caused to a product or person resulting from incorrect use or installation of the outdoor kitchen
- timber grain variation, colour variation, wrinkling, markings, and scars resulting from the natural features of the product
- Damage or degradation of timber not properly maintained; that is, the regular removal of dust and dirt by appropriate means and the application of endorsed cleaning and care nourishing products as instructed at time of sale
- Damage to timber due to the application of chemicals, cleaners or conditioners
- Damage or marks to flooring by the adjustable feet
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I REQUIRE ASSISTANCE?
If your purchase was made directly via Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets then please call Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets. When calling regarding a warranty issue you will require your Invoice Number or Surname. You must make your request for service immediately following the discovery of any alleged defect. To make a claim under warranty you must be able to prove when you purchased the product. The easiest way to do this is through your original proof of purchase (invoice, receipt, etc.). Once you have raised your issue with us we may arrange for a Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets contractor to visit your home to assess your claim. Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets will also require photographic evidence of the damaged item. If your claim is valid Outdoor Kitchen Cabinets will, at its choice, repair or replace the defective product.
The warranties are not transferable and service is available only to the original purchaser.
The benefits given by the warranty is additional to other rights and remedies that you may have under law. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
IMPORTANT SAFTEY NOTES FOR OUTDOOR KITCHEN CABINETS
Do not allow children to play with the Outdoor Kitchen BBQ. Before using any of the equipment ensure the person using the outdoor kitchen is correctly informed of the operation.